Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Moving?

last night and today i've really been thinking about what i really wanna do lol. it's definite that i'm keeping my major and going to design school but i'm thinking about switching schools. originally, i was supposed to be attending the art institute in charolette but there was no set living situation there. so i ended up staying in raleigh:( don't get me wrong...i'm enjoying school here at home but i feel like i need to be challenged more. it's not that i'm second guessing what i want to study, it's just that maybe i want to experience something different and not be around any distractions.

my mom and i had lunch today and were talking about transferring. as of right now...i definitly will be transferring to the art institute in charlotte. i love charlotte and am looking forward to the change. yes...it's somewhat similar to raleigh but better lol. i'm hoping this all works out. we both agreed that i should've stuck with charolette from the beginning but i don't know what made me want to stay here. the interior design program at my school is fairly new and i can't connect with anybody. i mean everybody has there own "style" and taste but i feel like nobody here understands what i see or what is appealing to me. basically, everyone has that safe/conservative taste and look. i mean i don't really care if they like what i design or not because it's my work and design. i don't think this program here is the right fit for me...i know everything that we're learning right now and that's boring lol. also, things that every interior designer should know that i've studied hard for in high school...we don't even learn that here. like rivit and cad...i have yet to use either of those programs here and that bugs me. nobody knows how to draw a floor plan or even start one lol. it's annoying because i feel like i'm a step a head of everybody else but i'm being pulled back to everybody elses level when i don't need to be...it's very frustrating.

SCAD was another option...one of my best friends olivia goes to art school in savannah and loves it. she's so talented and i think one of the reasons why we are such good friends is because we connect on that artistic/creative level lol. it's funny because we love the same clothes...have very similar styles and have a similar taste as well. i miss her:( sadly, SCAD is out of the question as of right now...

at the orientation in charolette...i got the best vibe from the students and professors. also, they actually took time to look through my portfolio that i worked my ass off to get just right. this school didn't really take time to look at any of my work...that was weird. i just kind of blew it off...which was not like me. obviously, i'm unhappy with my school choice but that will be changing soon...i'm hoping lol. this school was really my only option because at the time my parents couldn't afford out of state expenses. now, it looks like i'll be getting a loan to leave lol.


oh so last night at olive garden...i was telling my friend parker how much i loved studio apartments. i've always wanted one...i don't know why but i just do lol. so here are a few pictures of different studio apartments...


PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment